Outreach Ministry & Community Service
How Trinity Church Serves Our Community
As a Downtown Ministry Center, Trinity Episcopal Church welcomes a wide diversity of community organizations, groups and ministries that call Trinity “Home”
- The Children’s Clothing Closet, a non-profit organization run by the Episcopal churches in Chemung County, provides free gently used or new clothes in child and youth sizes upon referal from local agencies, schools and churches. The Clothing Closet is open the 9-11 am the first four Wednesday’s of each month, except for July.
- In conjunction with other area Episcopal churches, a free community lunch is served 4 times a year.
- Free breakfast for the community on the 3rd Saturday of the month from 8:30-9:30 AM.
- The Thrift Shop at Trinity Church. Open every Sat. 9 am-noon and Thurs. 10 am – 2 pm (June to September)
- Labyrinth Ministry – Trinity houses an indoor 11 circuit labyrinth with regularly scheduled walks and also available for rent to community organizations.
- Trinity offers community space at a flexible and reasonable rate. Organizations that currently call Trinity thier home include:
- Christian Family Counciling
- Kiwanis Aktion Club
- Second Place East, Inc. Meetings
- Area Clergy Meetings
- Canterbury Way
- The Parish actively supports outreach endeavors such as:
There are many ways we work together to support the community and each other in mission and ministry. The Outreach Committee of Trinity Episcopal Church recognizes that family is at the heart of all communities and is in constant need of being nurtured and preserved for the welfare of society. The committee is committed to the support of the family in its various forms: locally, regionally, and globally, as we feel called to serve God’s children.
For more information on how you can become involved, or join us in this important work, contact the Parish Office.