Ministry of Music
Music at Trinity Church
The Skinner Organ
Trinity is blessed to be the steward of an Aeolian-Skinner Organ built by the Skinner Organ Company. It was given as a memorial to God’s glory and in memory of the Rev. John Clark Dean, who was ordained in Trinity as a deacon in 1908. The organ was completed on November 17, 1922 at a cost of $15,000. The builders invited George Morgan McKnight to play the first selection and he gladly complied choosing the doxology, “Praise God from Whom All Blessing Flow.”
The restoration of the Skinner organ was completed in 2003 with a recital and rededication by Dr. David Hurd, Organist and Professor of Music at General Theological Seminary in New York City. This well-maintained instrument provides a full and rich accompaniment and attracts visiting organists seeking the opportunity to perform with this exceptional and historic instrument.